Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Baby Acne


Our poor little Liv has been cursed with baby acne. She has it worse than any of my other children and it makes me so sad. She is still super cute of course, but it looks so horrible. I wonder if it bothers her.
Other than the acne, she is doing fantastic (well, sorta). She has not been sleeping well at all. She wakes up every 2 hours or so during the night which is awful and she hates to sleep in her own bed. Last night I experimented with putting her on her tummy when she was sleeping (I know that it is naughty - but I need some dang sleep!) and she slept for 5 hours straight. Of course, I couldn't sleep anyways because I was worried about her suffocating all night. Oh well, any suggestions?

3 comments:

Bringhurst Family said...

Eden had bad acne too. It drove me crazy because people would always say "what's wrong with him?" Like duh haven't you ever seen baby acne! All my babies were sleepless on their backs so I put them on their tummies. And I always had a hard time sleeping for the first few days. But my parents had all six of us on our tummies and we survived.

Unknown said...

Dylan was a belly baby and it saved me when my mom convinced me that it would be fine. I was so exhausted from him always waking up all night long and then just crying because he was tired. My mom had all 6 of her kids sleep on our tummies and we were fine so just do what is best for the babies. The Dr's don't know everything. They are guessing a lot when it comes to things like that.

Anonymous said...

I let Bryar sleep on her tummy too because she slept a lot better. She will be fine unless it is her time to go. And as for the baby acne. I figure they either have it young or in their teens. So this could be a good thing.