Monday, March 10, 2008

I love this sport



OH YEAH BABY!! I LOVE THIS SPORT!!




Most of you know that I LOVE baseball! And I am so excited to announce that the season is up and running again! I look forward to this time of year all winter long. This year Spencer & Ethan are both playing! Spencer is in baseball this season (kid pitch even! - is he that old??) And Ethan has at LEAST one more year of T-ball. Technically he should be playing T-ball next year but we can petition the board to let him move up a level. He is a little disappointed that he has to be on a T-ball team again this year. At his age he already understands that T-ball doesn't play by the correct rules and it bugs him. (In T-ball, all the kids are on the field at the same time, everyone bats every inning and they get as many attempts as it takes to hit the ball). Spencer, as I have already mentioned is in the Minors this year! We had his first practice last week and it was actually pretty funny to watch him out there on the field because he is pretty scrawny, and he is one of the youngest (if not THE youngest) on the team. His age group is 7-9 years old but he keeps up with those kids! He is awesome, every year I am totally amazed at his natural ability. As games start up I either will not be posting as often or my posts will consist of only baseball. So deal with it!


Ryleigh is playing Softball this year!!!! I can not even hide my excitement! I kinda forced her into playing this year and it really has NOT backfired on me. When she went to try-outs ALL of her friends were there too. phew! She has a lot to learn, since this is her first year of Softball and most of these girls are going on their 3 years but she has a fantastic manager that is really understanding and patient. I am hoping that this will be something she will want to continue for many years. I don't have any pictures of her yet, but she has practice tonight so I might get some then!





1 comment:

Duane and Jan Gibbons Family said...

Might I say you are a perfect fit for this family. Cuz I love baseball too! I can't wait for the DBacks to start. I think they are going to be very competitve this year. Go Spencer! Go Ethan! Go Ryleigh! This is going to make me sound like an elderly lady, but "I used to play softball too." Wish we could see some of your games.