Thursday, November 26, 2009

A yummy day!

Today is/was Thanksgiving. It is only 10:00 pm right now and I feel like it should be two in the morning! Thanksgiving is such a wonderfully exhausting day! I do love this holiday almost more than any other holiday but it burns you out! This year was Dan's first year to have Thanksgiving with his family in 7 years (I had Thanksgiving with them the year he was in Iraq)! He was really excited and it did not disappoint. The food was amazing! I got a picture of it but I forgot to get a picture before everyone dug in - so this is a picture of our spread after round 1. Our dessert table was not to be passed up! We had some delicious stuff and this isn't even everything!
I spent 2 days making a Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake that I made from an actual pumpkin (because apparently there was a crop shortage on pumpkin this year and I could not buy canned pumpkin) and then as I was walking in the door I dropped it on the front door step. I almost cried.... no really.... I almost cried. I was literally choking back the tears but after about 30 minutes of being really irate with myself and a cheap spring-form pan I was able to enjoy the party once again.


The kids always play so well together. I am grateful that there are so many cousins that get along well..... really well together!

After we overindulged ourselves we headed down to the greenbelt for a friendly little game of kickball - dodge ball style. ....... and yes, that is really what it looks like on Thanksgiving day in Arizona (it was 77*)!







.....now tomorrow brings shopping at 3:30am, putting on the Christmas music, putting up the Christmas decorations and the LIGHTS!!! And the beginning of the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe! I am so bummed we missed out spending Thanksgiving with you guys and the fam! Everything looked delicious, even your pumpkin desert looks good! (sorry it fell) Glad you had such a good holiday! Will be thinking of you while we decorate our tree tomorrow as well! {hehe}

Cori said...

Looks like so much fun... I miss you guys so much. I'm really sorry about your cheesecake. I'm sure it was still amazing tasting! Love you.

Susan Sorensen said...

Your blogs never disappoint me, Jeni! They're always fun to read. The cheesecake looks delicious - even dropped!!!

Megann said...

I'm glad you had a great day. And good for you that you didn't cry over your cheesecake. I almost cried when I read your post!