Saturday, June 11, 2011

My Little Helper

Olivia LOVES to do chores. She is always asking me what she can do. I know part of it is because she wants to be just like her older siblings and the other part of it is because she loves to log onto her job chart on the computer (www.myjobchart.com) and check off her chores and get points.

The problem is... she is only 3! There are only so many chores she can do. So I added watering the flowers to her chores. She loves it.

I think she gets her green thumb from her Grandma Regloo & Great Grandma Suey because these flowers are looking beautiful! She takes such pride in them! She waters them daily, feeds them Miracle Grow on Wednesdays and picks off the dead ones everyday.


And she does it all with a smile on her face!
{LOVE HER}

3 comments:

Susan Sorensen said...

Love it!!! That's a girl after my own heart!! Tell her I do all of that, plus talking to them. Tell her to start talking to them and they'll grow even bigger! I tell them they look beautiful and sympathize with them when they look sick. Works like a charm.
I love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

How cute Jeni! Love that she enjoys being a good helper! We miss you guys and are seriously so excited to come back! Maddox and her need to definitely play together!

Darcie said...

This makes me smile SO BIG!!! And you're right - her flowers are beautiful!! Keep on encouraging that helper in her. You were like that when you were her age. You loved to help me around the house - dust, put things away, anything I could find you were happy to do. Since you were my first and had no siblings to want to be like - I like to think it's because you loved being with me. It's a good thing - because I loved being with you. Still do.