Sunday, July 10, 2011

My Main Man

I tried to get Dan to do a photo shoot for his 30th birthday but he opted out. Then I asked him if he would be interested in writing a blog post about what the last 30 years have been like for him and he opted out of that too. So it is up to me to talk about this amazing person that I am lucky enough to be married too and all his 30 years.  I decided to do this interview style....

What is your favorite color? ummm.... I would have to say blue. (Ironic really, because I (jeni) HATE the color blue!)

What is your favorite food? anything.my.wife.cooks  (said in monotone)

...C'mon if you were having a last meal what would it be? hmmmm..... I guess you could put just like Steak and grilled asparagus and salad. (by Steak, he means a thick cut tenderloin cooked Medium-Rare)

What is your favorite thing to do? That is a very broad question you know... ya...? I would have to say, watch my children play sp....baseball and softball.

What are you into right now? uhhh... the only thing I can be into right now is school, and hopefully finding a job. (as he is playing NCAA Football 2011 on the XBOX)

What is your favorite memory from the last 30 years? That is a hard question...... Probably when I came home for R & R (from Iraq) and you and the kids were waiting at the airport.

What is your worst memory from the last 30 years? (with no hesitation) The day I left (for Iraq) you guys, in that gym, that was horrible. Why was it horrible? Because I didn't know if I would ever see you again.

What are you looking forward to the most in the next 30 years? hmmm... that is an interesting question.... being done with school... so I can work and provide for my family, you know....the important things.

Tell me your thoughts on Ryleigh? what! okay... fine... Three words to describe Ryleigh.... Goofy. Strong. Leader

Three words to describe Spencer? Smart. Funny. Charismatic

Three words to describe Ethan?  Compassionate. Driven. Happy

Three words to describe Olivia?  Whirlwind. Quirky. Stubborn

What about me? careful now....  Three words?? well...if you can do it all in three words.... Determined. I can't say things like Sexy can I ? well that would be weird since I am typing this. Okay...Sexy. Not necessarily one word, but I would say jack of all trades. What does that mean? Well once you want to figure something out, you learn how to do it and then you do it.

What is your biggest accomplishment? Being a father, not that I have necessarily accomplished being a father but attempting to accomplish it.

Anything important that you feel like you have learned over the past 30 years? Nothing is so bad that you can't get through it.


Okay, In all honesty I am surprised that I got that much information out of him!
Well, today my husband turns thirty! I look forward to spending the next thirty years of his life by his side.
I LOVE YOU DAN!
Happy Birthday

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Dan! That is a cute post...so like the two of you. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dan! Glad Cory got to wish you a good one from us! And I love the interview post Jeni! You guys are definitely cute!

JKGibbons said...

Have you ever considered being a journalist / writer, Jeni? I love reading your posts -- very creative. I love learning something new about the people I love every time I read one! Keep it up, will ya?

Darcie said...

Warning: I'm gonna be a little mushy here -
I love you Daniel! Thanks for being a part of our family.

larsen family said...

Happy Birthday! You really are awesome! We love the Linn family.:)

Susan Sorensen said...

It was so much fun to read this Jeni! I could hear the two of you talking in my head as I read it! What a great thing to do. Happy Birthday Dan! We love you and are proud of you and your family!!