Wednesday, January 17, 2007

It's Freezing!!!





It literally is - freezing. We are having temperatures in the mid to high 20's with freezing rain (which, my kids have discovered, is not the same as snow). Although the funny thing is everything closes when it is this cold. I am not kidding. Last night, for instance, it was cold and some sleet was starting to come down at about 6:30 but I needed some cheese for my dinner so I jumped in the car and ran to the grocery store that is here on post - guess what??? IT WAS CLOSED. I guess people don't need food in the cold. So then Dan & I decide to go out to dinner with the kids and half the local restaurants were closed too! The ground was not even icy!! It just makes no sense to me. So yeah - whatever. So last night it rains - of course it is freezing rain so THEY CALL OFF SCHOOL???!!! I am sorry, but there is not even enough white stuff on the ground to hide my grass? What is this - do these people not understand that people in Nebraska are making fun of us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm thinking back to when we lived in Nebraska... The day we brought Amalie home from the hospital it was 60 below with the windchill, there was snow covering everything, and that was pretty typical for the winter. I remember the neighbor kids having about two snow days the entire time we were there! Oh well, I suppose it's relative. If you're not used to it... Or maybe that's just an excuse! Did you guys doing any fun 'snow day' activities? Aunt Cori