Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Olivia!

okay, so her birthday is not really until Friday (the 19th) but because of conflicting schedules we went ahead and had her little family birthday party today. Unfortunately because of our crazy winter weather only my parents were able to come, but that was okay - more cake for us!
I am totally blown away that she is 1 already. I know that I say that I am amazed every time one of my kids celebrates a birthday, and truly - I AM! I can't even believe how fast they grow up. It is totally bizarre. Where was this super speed time when I was in Junior High?
I think Livy thought we were all a little crazy when we were singing to her, and then she had NO clue what to do with that candle...

...but the cake she had NOOOO problem with.....




We were all laughing hysterically because we have never seen a child so ravenous for birthday cake before! All of our other kids barely touched their cakes and maybe I could get them to lick the frosting if I helped them - but NOT Livy! She devoured the cake -she ate every crumb!



All Gone! (In Livy words: "ahhll honnn")



BATH TIME!!


I think she was hoping to get some frosting out of her washcloth!


All Clean! Time for presents! She really had no clue what to do with the presents either. So the boys were right there to help! She got a Glow Worm from Grandma & Papa Naylor. I had a Glow Worm when I was a kid and so did Ryleigh- I was so happy so see her with one too!

Sweet! Dad & Mom got her first set of wheels!

Dad was helping her figure out how to push it along.

4 comments:

Nikaela said...

Oh my gosh what a sweetheart! I can't believe it has been a year either. Wild. I love her hair!!! Soooo jealous! I just want enough for one measley ponytail. I'd settle for a clip for heaven's sake! :O)

Duane and Jan Gibbons Family said...

What a great age. Happy Birthday big, little Olivia. Wish we could be there to give you hugs.

Darcie said...

Oh my goodness - I still giggle when I think about her and cake!! It helped that it stuck to her arm so she could eat it like a drumstick!
BTW - your Jr. High years FLEW by as well my dear - trust me.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Sorry I am so late... but Happy Birthday to the little girl! Miss you guys!