Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

I thought I would give a little overview of the last couple of days ~

Yesterday we went over to my mom's house to celebrate my brother-in-law Greg's birthday. We had El Pollo Loco-style BBQ chicken and rice and beans. It was major yum! The weather was typical Oregon - rainy and cloudy and I decided to take a picture of it because someday I might want to look back (probably when I am living in AZ complaining about the constant sunshine!) but look at that amazing photo! When I took the picture all I noticed was the gray sky ~ but now I see how beautiful it is here. Of course that has a lot to do with the rain ....

After the karaoke and food for Greg we dyed some Easter Eggs:











My little brother, Chad, was making slushies in his drink mixer - so Ryleigh had to take a break.











Olivia was her usual curious self. She was in love with the colorful eggs. She just wanted to play with the eggs.













Justin, my other brother, was able to side-track Livy by acting like a crazy person. She thought it was hilarious. I wish I could have captured the giggle!


Livy just loves my mom - especially when my mom is feeding her Oreos.






Easter Morning:
We have church at 9:00 am - so therefore Easter started at.....











I had to wake the kids up to get things going! Here they are trying to open up their eyes and enjoy the cool stuff they got. p.s notice the rain outside - our neighbors (across the street) were hunting eggs outside! hah!)






Thankfully the Easter bunny was aware that Livy should not over indulge in candy, so he brought her a chocolate bunny and that was it for junk. She also got bubbles, necklaces, bracelets, a book and clothes!

Finally the hunt was on! No time to waste - the bunny hid 54 eggs!
















This was definitely Ryleigh's last year of the hunt, she dominated!


Liv didn't really care to hunt the eggs, she just wanted to play with them after the other kids found them.

After the hunt I made Creamed Eggs on Toast for breakfast. I can honestly say that I never EVER imagined that I would pass this tradition along to my family. I hated this breakfast as a kid, and I still find it unpalatable but my husband, Ryleigh and Ethan all love it - so I make it. It is easy and it helps use up some of those eggs!













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad Easter was so good for you guys! And hooray for you guys moving back to AZ: hopefully we can visit more. And I love how adorable and big the kids are getting! Miss you guys!

Susan Sorensen said...

Thanks Jeni! I was wondering how your Easter went!! It's fun to see the kids doing all the traditional things!! Love you guys!!