Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Let's Play Ball!

Well - Finally Baseball is up and running here in the Northwest. I had to work last Saturday but Dan took the kids to their Opening Ceremonies - I guess it was a hit! This was the first Opening Ceremonies that the Albany Little League has done in a while so I think it was a little chaotic but I am sure it will be even better NEXT year (which, by the way, we will NOT be a part of! heh!) This is Ryleigh with her Softball team - they are the Thunder - right now Ryleigh is #2 (she is hoping to get a new jersey - perferable one that is not an XS like the one she currently has!). She is on the right - the second one in.
The boys are on the same team this year - this was a MUST! Since Albany LL does not have its own designated fields we have to use the local elementary school fields and so last year (when they were all on different teams) we had 3 games at 3 DIFFERENT locations - sometimes all on the same night too! It was out of control. So this year I was able to bump Ethan up into the next level and get the boys on the same team. So hopefully it will not be AS crazy this year! They are the Riverdogs - Spencer is #6 and Ethan is #2.

Olivia, of course, was a good sport - with her cute curly afro!

Every year I absolutely LOVE it when Ethan puts on his baseball cap! Those ears are so freaking funny!!! He is such a sweetheart! I love this kid! p.s. - how much does he look like Dan in this picture? crazy!

Spencer is so dang cute too - with his floppy hair. He has been growing it out (because he wants to taste it?!?!?) but last night he said that he thinks he wants to cut it because it is too hot! (it did get up to 74* yesterday!)
So yesterday the weather was absolutely AMAZING! I just wanted to be outside in the grass enjoying the sunshine. So we did! We went to Chad's baseball game. He is playing JV this year for the high school. They won yesterday and they have another game today that we are going to try to go to!
This picture totally captures everything Olivia! She is giving me the 'catch me if you can - or dare' look and she is shoving her face full of cookie! I love her.

Poor sweet Ryleigh, she is a migraine sufferer, and she was suffering yesterday during the game. I felt so bad for her, but she was able to make it through and went to bed early last night. She is such a great kid. Lately I have hardly any pictures of her because she is always gone with her friends - she is all social all the sudden. It is weird, and that is all I can say.

Dan, caught Livy. He is so good to follow her around and grab her. I get too engrossed in the game. I totally forget that I need to be watching her sometimes. What would I do without him?

My boys, so cute! I love that they can sit, at their ages, and watch a game. They are amazing!

Like I said, the weather was amazing! Sweet Noelle, was living it up! I think she is just as excited as us to move to Arizona.

2 comments:

Aunt Cori said...

Ahh, yes.... Sunshine! We had some of that today so I sat outside in it long enough to get a tad burned. LOVELY! Garret and I are giggling because this is probably the first time in our lives we have felt what "Spring Fever" feels like!

Photos are awesome and your family is adorable - I want to kiss every last one of you!

Unknown said...

That sucks about the migraines I know how she feels. I had a friend tell me a few months back that her son took a B vitamin and it worked for him. Who knows? Also I heard today that Spanish Fork where we are living now is like huge into baseball and it made me think of you.