Sunday, July 26, 2009

I told you so

In my last post I admitted that I didn't have any pictures of Olivia swimming because she is an absolute psycho in the water. She needs to be far away from the pool if I am busy taking pictures. Well last time we went swimming Dan went with us and I remembered to bring along the camera to capture her amazing LOVE of the water.
So.. with Olivia there is no gradual acclimating yourself to the water - she just takes of running full speed into the water - the game is to get to the water before her (last night I ended up in the pool fully dressed - thanks Liv).
At Dan's parent pool there is a large top step so she has a HUGE shallow end that she can swim on. She feels like a big girl because she can play on it all she wants without being held (she hates to be held and she REALLY HATES those stupid floatie things) but this can only hold her off for a short time.
Before long she is anxiously awaiting a turn for the diving board!

She loves jumping in the water, she at least gives us a little countdown but we don't know what number she is going to jump on.
one...two....free.... or two...free....one.... or free....one...two...


After a while the diving board is just too pathetic so she has to move up! To the rock platform! The problem with the rock platform is she needs help getting to the top. Usually she can talk someone into taking her up. Okay she doesn't really talk but she stretches out her arms at you and says "Peeese!" So you just can't resist!


Can you hear her squeal of delight?


Then once she has been on the rock platform she remembers that there is a rock slide! And for whatever reason she prefers her Uncle Ammon to take her down the rock slide. She even learned how to say Ammon (maaamn) just for this occasion. Thankfully Ammon is a great sport and has taken her down the slide more times than I can count. She even had little road-rashes on her elbows from the slide!




After I watch her be a crazy in the pool I think to myself that she is amazing and where on Earth did she learn this behavior, then I see Ethan....

She really loves Ethan.

9 comments:

Cori said...

So fun! I love the photos of her going down the slide. What a nut.

Allison said...

Kids definitely come with their own personality! Too funny!

Darcie said...

The picture of her laying on the step so reminds me of you, Jeni Lyn. She looks JUST like you when you were her age, only the red curly hair sets her apart in my mind. Such a cutie pie - both of you!

Tanya said...

That is just amazing to me! I have been cursed with 3 kids who are petrified of the water! Consider yourself lucky! Your kids are so darn cute!

Susan Sorensen said...

I love the picture of her 'running' into the water!! I've never seen such excitment! We have a 6X12 blow up pool.......would that entice you over here??

JKGibbons said...

She'll such a blast at Disneyland!

Andrea said...

Awe, I can't wait to see her in action! Soon- Only two more weeks!!

Anonymous said...

{haha} She is too cute! Definitely fearless-- cannot wait to see you guys in FOUR days!

marry said...

thanks for letting use hang out at your house... you will definatly have the "fun" house! Hope we weren't to much of a bother. I so love your music on here... I might have to actually write these bands down