Friday, December 25, 2009

A Wonderful Day


I guess I better start with Christmas Eve. Traditionally we open up one present on Christmas Eve and it is always pajamas. The kids love this and it was a tradition in my family as well as Daniel's growing up so it has been a fun no-brainer tradition to pass on. Every year we try our hardest to get a decent picture of the kids in their Christmas jammies in front of the Christmas tree. But for every one of these:
I, without fail, get 15 of these:

Nevertheless, I do get one that is not toooooo bad.

Then we go to sleep....... or at least we try.

This year the boys woke up at 2:30 AM! Actually let me re-phrase that. Spencer got up at 2:30am to use the bathroom and "suddenly remembered that Santa probably came to our house" so he went out to take a sneak peek and could not contain his joy! He saw bikes for everyone so he needed to alert the whole household - and that he did.

Of course Dan and I are not the type of parents to allow this behavior (even if it is Christmas) so Dan sternly sent them off to bed once again. About an hour later I heard them out in the living room sizing up the stockings and everyones bikes again. This time I told them to get back into bed, except I am pretty sure that that was just in my dream.

Finally at about 7:30 Olivia woke up, which meant it was time for the lazy ol' parents to get out of bed. Ironically this is the latest we have ever slept in on a Christmas morning and the Earliest our children have ever woken up on a Christmas morning. huh, funny how that works.

I had wanted to get a cute photo of each of the kids by their stacks from Santa but by this time the kids had at least 4 hours on me and the Santa stacks were no longer cute nor organized so I have nothing. Just a few snap shots here and there. Sorry to say.


Each one of the kids made out like bandits. Every year I am blown away by the amount of gifts they get. This was going to be a "lean" year but it turned out to be quite blessed.


Grandpa & Grandma Gibbons did something unusual this year... they went in on a group gift for the kids, instead of the usually smaller individual gifts.



I would say it was a hit (That is Ryleigh's leg on the side doing a little dance).


Since Olivia had a birthday just a couple of days earlier she was a pro at unwrapping presents, but of course her Big Wheel from Santa was not wrapped and she loved it just the same!


Oh, and she also had triplets today! Plus she inherited a white tiger cub! Yeah!

3 comments:

Duane and Jan Gibbons Family said...

It makes my heart happy to know that the kids have had another awesome Christmas. What great memories. Sounds like mom and dad are just getting older. You know, can't get up as early because you stayed up too late being Santa.

Anonymous said...

What a fun Christmas! We are so glad you guys had such a wonderful day-- and we cannot wait to come visit! Love the photos! Merry Christmas! :)

Darcie said...

SO CUTE!!! I love you all so much.