Monday, January 4, 2010

Lets go for a swim

My parents have a pool. It is a fantastic resource in May, June, July, August, September and sometimes the beginning of October. It sits useless during the other months.
Without fail my boys ask us if they can go swimming every-single-time we go over there. I have even had them stick their hands in to see how cold it really truly is. "It's NOT THAT cold" is what they tell me.
So yesterday we are eating dinner at my parents and Spencers flip flop somehow ends up in the center of the pool. There is no reaching it. (of course if we really wanted too we could have used the net to get them out) The boys thought their only option (much to their joy) was to jump in and get them. Lucky enough for Spencer he just happened to be wearing his swimsuit that day.
So we said fine, but let me get the camera first.

Once they hit the water it was sheer panic! Ethan forgot all about the stupid shoes and swam straight for the side. Spencer managed to grab one shoe and then was outta there!
Spencer said he did NOT want to go back in there to get that other shoe and that he could keep a better eye on them next time so they wouldn't end up in the pool again.


Ethan said "aahahahahha!....sob, sniff, gasp"

After they were all done we let them take a warm bath and get in dry clothes. But I don't think they will ask to swim again anytime soon.

6 comments:

Garret said...

That is hilarious!! I have vivid memories of how cold my parents' pool could get through the Phoenix winter.

Cori said...

It's unfortunate how often experience is the best teacher!

Darcie said...

SO FUNNY!!! I still wish so much that we had gotten a picture of Ethan's face. It was hilarious!! I LOVE those two!!!

Duane and Jan Gibbons Family said...

They'll forget. Next year, they'll ask again. (Kinda like childbirth--forgetting, and thinking you want to have another.)
Next year it won't be so cold. They're boys (snicker, snicker).

Kristen Sisson said...

Jeni!

I love your blog it so cute! I love the music you have on here is there anyway to see the play list? i go to it and just minimize it to listen to the music.

Anonymous said...

{haha} What funny boys! I cannot believe they actually jumped in!