Saturday, November 13, 2010

Halloween - oops!

I can't believe that I have not posted Halloween. It seems like I can go for months struggling to come up with stuff to post to this blog and then all of the sudden I have 20 things that I need to post all at the same time! But I like everything to have their own days - so I try to space out the posts.
Anyways, so here is Halloween Finally.
 Spencer went as Harry Potter. He is really into Harry Potter right now, I think it is because he is finally at an age where he can read the books and really understand what is actually happening in the story and it is really a fascinating story - if you have not read the books then do it! The movies do it no justice - if you think they are good, then you are in for a real treat.
 Ryleigh was a Salsa Dancer. cha cha cha. A friend of mine makes herself a costume every year from scratch and then lets Ryleigh and my other nieces go through her box of old costumes each year. I am grateful for that because I don't know what is going on with costumes for older girls but they are horrible! They are so trashy.
 Olivia was Pebbles Flintstone. I actually made this costume myself. Thankfully it was pretty basic, thanks to prehistoric designs. I thought she looked great and she loved it. Olivia was very unsure about Halloween this year before Halloween, she did not like the scary stuff at all.... but then she learned the magic words "trick or treat" and you get candy and now she is all over it! She asks me if we can go trick or treating at least every other day.
 Ethan was a dementor from Harry Potter. He pretty much just likes to be the nemesis of whatever Spencer is going to be. As long as it is scary. Ethan likes creepy gross things and Spencer wants to be the happy fun things so it works out pretty well for them. The only bummer was everywhere we went he couldn't wear his mask - rrg. So he just looked like a weird-o in a black dress.
Since Halloween was on a Sunday this year it kinda messed with things a little. Thankfully our ward puts together a pretty fun Halloween party that we went to the week before Halloween and then on the Saturday before Halloween we went over to my grandparents house for a little Halloween party that they put on for the kids and then we went over to their stake trunk or treat, which turned out to be a blast.

No comments: