Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

This year was a fantastic Thanksgiving year! I LOVE Thanksgiving! It has always been one of my favorite holidays and this year did not disappoint me. All the men in Dan's family went Elk hunting over Thanksgiving day so we had to have our big dinner the Saturday before (which was great because then I got to have another Thanksgiving with my family on Thursday) and we celebrated over at Adam and Aubrey's. I made the turkey this year and it was AWESOME! If I don't say so myself. 
I was really good at taking a bunch of pictures with Dan's family but I totally forgot to take them at my family's party. It was equally fun and delicious though and can I just say - I LOVED that I didn't have to worry about rushing to someone else's Thanksgiving. I was able to Eat, Sleep and be Merry on both days!

So here are some pictures from the first Thanksgiving:

Gramma Kaye: Our family matriarch.
She loves her children and grandchildren so much and we can all feel her love and compassion for us. I am thankful for her.
I am also thankful for Thanksgiving football games in the backyard. I am grateful that the grown-ups come out to play with the kids - what great examples they are. 

 Dan has 3 sisters but only 2 of them live here in Arizona and sadly we don't get to see them as often as we should, they are phenomenal ladies though, and my kids really love both of their aunties. Nicole (left) is Dan's oldest sister and the kids all call her Coco - Olivia LOVES her! She is the best at spoiling and loving unconditionally. Kaela (middle) is a great aunt too. We see her even less than Nicole, mainly because she lives more than a 2 minute drive from us and she works a funky schedule, but that doesn't stop her from being amazing to the kids too and they know that she is awesome.


Ashley
Miss Olivia

Ryleigh (with her Chocolate Silk Pie)

Daniella
Jayda

 I have some pretty fantastic nieces too. I get the privilege of knowing Ashley and Jayda on a different level since we are neighbors. Thankfully, Daniella (who is painfully shy) actually came up to me and gave me a hug on Thanksgiving - and she looked me in the face! yeah!!!  



We tried our best to stack the kids up and get a fun picture but it was just not happening. Someone might have gotten a better picture than this, but this was the best one off my camera. We are missing Maddox and Kingsley (Cory & Hayley's boys) because they live out of town but I did hear they are coming for a visit soon, so we will have to recreate this then!
My nephews are pretty great too! They are all the same age practically so they can play with each other FOREVER! Sometimes they do argue a little about the activity they are going to do (usually because Spencer always wants to have his way... or no way)
This was the clearest picture I had of Joel - he is a wild child!
Ethan
Spencer
Garrett

And of course Dan has a little brother that is a year older than Ryleigh, so even though he is technically their uncle we always group him together with the nieces and nephews. He doesn't seem to mind - yet.

Ammon

Funny thing: I let Ammon take my camera around a take some picture with it (I think he is really into photography) and when I uploaded my pictures I had about 20 shots of Ironman on the trampoline in different positions - so I decided to post a few...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so bummed we missed out on Thanksgiving this year! But, I am excited to come see everyone in a couple weeks... Especially since my boys will get to play with all their awesome cousins... and Uncle Ammon. Hahaha...

Duane and Jan Gibbons Family said...

So here's the scoop. "I was trying to get a picture of him up in the air and it wouldn't take it." Too funny. It was a fun day and great food too! I just looked at all the pictures and they made me smile. I must not have made a pig of my self. I guess I wasn't there...