Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A teenager in the house

 Can you believe that she is 13 today??
 I can't.... really.... I am having the hardest time wrapping my head around this. I can't believe how fast time seems to move when you are a parent.
 Thankfully for me - Ryleigh has been the most wonderful tween-ager EVER! I could not ask for a better kid. Sure she gets a little naggy (but what girl doesn't?). She is incredibly helpful around the house, she is an excellent student (currently with a 3.75 GPA) and she is busy with extracurricular activities. She is a great friend and low drama (which, in my opinion makes an even BETTER friend!) and a wonderful example to her younger siblings. She is spoiling us! 
I love this girl SO MUCH!!! 
Happy 13th Birthday Bug!!!

5 comments:

Darcie said...

I couldn't have said it better my dear. She is absolutely wonderful and I am thankful every single day that she came into our family. You said it, though - life goes so fast when you are a parent.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, she is an amazing girl. And we cannot believe she is 13. Miss her and hope her birthday was wonderful!

Andrea said...

13 going on 30!!! It's so weird that I was 13 when she was born, in jr. high. And now here she is, all old and 13 herself. tear. sniff sniff. I love this girl so much and hope she had an awesome birthday. Her birthday she told me about made my mouth water..yuummmmm!! Hope you guys had fun! Love you all!

oh, and by the way- justin's hair is super fluffy! It's hilarious! I actually did his hair that night to make it less fluffy! hahahahahaha

Susan Sorensen said...

She's beautiful inside and out! Love you tons Ryleigh!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday. We would love to see you guys. We will be heading to Flagstaff in June and hoping to slip you guys in.