Monday, March 21, 2011

Thirty!

 ya... so I turned 30 today! Right now actually... I was born at 6:09 am -
 thirty years ago today.
This year I have had a few friends turn 30 also and a couple of them have done a cute little post about who they are, and I am going to do the same. I think it is such a great idea! How awesome for future generation to have. What I wouldn't give to have a little snippet of my great-grandmothers life when she was 30.
So I had my awesome cousin Nikaela take some pictures of me last weekend (it felt a little weird, I won't lie - kinda like I was taking senior pictures!) so future generations will even know what I look like at 30!
 My occupation is Wife & Mother, in that order. Although sometimes I think I forget about the order.
I have been married to my best friend Dan for 11 and 1/2 years!
+
I have 4 wonderful children!
-Ryleigh ~13
-Spencer ~10
-Ethan ~ 8
-Olivia ~ 3
They keep me insanely busy. Ryleigh is very social and plays softball. This year in particular she has been playing non-stop since September with Fall-ball, Jr. High softball and now Spring-ball. Spencer is on a club baseball team which occupies most weekends and a few nights a week. Plus he and Ethan are on the same Minors little league team - so ya - I am knee waist neck deep in baseball and love every minute of it. Of course I love it more when we are winning!
I am not really a hobby person but there are things that I enjoy. I really love to cook and lately I have started to love baking. I love to eat too - so all of these work nicely together.
As a result I go to the gym. I do not enjoy the gym.
I love sports! Baseball (duh!) and football are my favorites - basketball is my least favorite - okay I hate it. It is for pansies. I really really really love college sports. The intensity is awesome.
My favorite color is Purple! Always has been - and I think it always will be. The irony of that is - I only own 1 purple shirt (that I rarely wear) and I don't decorate with purple either. But I do love it! I promise. My least favorite color is blue. I think it is because it is overused.
I have a little OCD - just a little. I am not a compulsive hand washer or anything like that but when I vacuum I have to have nice straight lines and I get irritated with my kids when they feel the need to run around in circles in the middle of a beautiful freshly vacuumed floor. I also don't really know how to just sorta clean. I can't just do a quick pick up. I have to pick up, sweep, mop, dust, wash the windows, scrub the baseboards (okay, I don't always scrub the baseboards.). It really irritates my husband. He tells me they are all "side-projects" and I "need to just focus at the task at hand" - so maybe it's just ADD.
I have 6 siblings! I love them all, however I am pretty much the suckiest person ever about keeping in touch with them. All of them, but one, live in Oregon so we don't see each other and I don't enjoy talking on the phone. I can count on one hand the number of times we have chatted via webcam even. wow. I really suck.
I married into 5 siblings, 1 half sibling and 6 step-siblings. Most of them live close by, so I am better at keeping in touch.
Speaking of living.... In my married life I have lived in 4 states. Arizona, North Carolina, Texas & Oregon. There are parts that I love and parts that I don't love about all of these states. But Arizona is home, and I am hoping that it always will be. Unless it gets sucked into Mexico or something. I just love the weather! Yes, 115* in July is hot and ridiculous but I love it - I would rather be in that than -20* and snow. Or 50* and rain for 10 months out of the year (wink wink to my Oregon family).
Alright, this post is officially long a boring so I will end it here - adios!
Happy Birthday too me! Here's to thirty more amazing years!

9 comments:

Cori said...

Happy birthday, Sweetie! This was a great post; such a good idea. Hope you have a wonderful day - I love you!

Anonymous said...

Awe! I love your post! Such a darling idea! And happy birthday! I hope you are able to enjoy whatever Dan had planned (stay sunny AZ)! We love you and wish you a happy 30th!

Susan Sorensen said...

Great post Jeni! I also wish your great grandmother had done this. You're beautiful inside and out - and I'm proud of who you are, inside and out! Have a Happy Birthday #1.
I love you tons!

larsen family said...

Happy Birthday! You are so pretty! Love the pics!:) have a great day!!!

JKGibbons said...

Beautiful! I hope your day has been wonderful.

Andrea said...

Jeni you are so pretty! Love the pictures. Happy 30! I guess I'm right behind you there. And you aren't the only one that sucks at keeping in touch. We should skype more. And your post is not boring at all, you could have gone longer! Congrats on everything in your life right now. Love you tons!

Darcie said...

I LOVED this post and, like Andrea, think it could have gone on longer. I am so proud of you for doing this! I need to be better about taking pictures of myself - but it is so hard to see the true story! You have inspired me to be better - something you have been doing now for 30 years. I love you so much!

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Jeni! I love this post! So fun! Your pics are so cute too!

Lacey said...

These are beautiful! I was so happy I had Chris take a few pictures of me when I turned 30 too! If not for me, atleast for my girls! Happy Birthday! It's not that bad right?