Sunday, April 24, 2011

Just a typical Saturday!

Okay, so maybe this particular Saturday wasn't exactly "typical" but it is not foreign for us. It seems that more than one weekend a month is out of control crazy, and it just so happens that Saturday April 23, 2011 was just that for us - plus I had my camera out and I was documenting along the way.
We started at 7:00am! Dan's little brother Ammon had his Eagle Scout Project at Sunshine Acres. It is a home for homeless children. For the project we cleaned up the playground (and boy oh boy was it needing it!)

I couldn't help taking a picture of this sign - what the....??



 

 We actually left Ryleigh at home to stay with Olivia so we wouldn't be chasing her around like a crazy person! So the boys came along and it was great for them. They were such great helpers. I was so proud.... and of course they were rewarded with Krispy Kremes.





We actually had to leave the Eagle project early because Ryleigh's softball team was having a carwash that we had to be to by 10am.  So off we went!

Jayda is on the same team with Ryleigh so she had to be there too and Ashley came along for moral support.

 



They ended up raising nearly $200.00! I was so proud of them! They had such a great attitude and had so much fun together - which is good because it has been a ROUGH season! ...but I will post on that later....
At the end the coach called the girls together for a little team meeting and announced the All-Star nominations. Ryleigh got the highest number of votes for the team! yay! So she will be headed to the All-Star try-outs at the end of the season! We are WAY proud of her!

When the carwash was over at 2:00 we headed over to Spencer's club team's baseball practice and used the field next to them to practice some softball pitching because coach wants Jayda and Ryleigh to pitch at the game on Monday.




After an hour of so of that we headed home - to make dinner.
I got within 10 minutes of  being ready to eat dinner when I sliced my finger wide open (like a fillet) on a can of baked beans.... rrrg. Super inconvenient timing. So Dan and I decided that it would be best if I just drove myself to the ER (actually we decided on Urgent Care but they were all closed) so that way we wouldn't be wrestling  with the kids!
Three stitches (and only 45 minutes! THANK YOU GILBERT HOSPITAL!!) later I came home and shovelled dinner in my face and cleaned up the kitchen in time for Easter egg dying...at 8:30pm...the night before Easter.


10:30pm: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very productive day Jeni. Seriously! And sorry about your hand! Hope Easter was good for you guys! So glad we got to skype! Miss you guys!