Thursday, March 21, 2013

Happy Birthday to me!

Alright, first I must start with a hilarious story:

My grandma called me today to tell me happy birthday and then she told me that she had read an article saying the women feel their best, look their best and are at their peak at the age of 31! I then said to her "Great! So what you are telling me is the best year of my life is behind me since I am turning 32 today!!??" She, of course, apologized because she thought that I was turning 31! hahaahahah! I have been laughing about this all day! Thankfully, I am in disagreement. I feel better today than I have in years! I am ready for 32! I hope it is a wonderful year.

This year, I asked Dan to take me to the shooting range so that I could learn how to use our gun that we have in our house. Dan works nights, and we own a Springfield XD subcompact .40 cal.  for home protection but the irony is, I have never known how to use it. Lately, that is something that I have been feeling like needs to be a priority for me. So he was more than happy to spend my birthday at the shooting range.

I was really surprised how much fun I had! It was such a rush and a thrill. But it did make me jump a few times.

I didn't think this was too bad for my first time. I would say that I feel pretty confident that I could protect my family if the need ever arises!

No comments: