Sunday, August 18, 2013

YAY! We Survived!

I really feel like we should be so proud of the fact that no one died this weekend of heat related issues. Ethan's club team decided to play in a baseball tournament! So Saturday morning we played at 8:00 & noon and it was miserable. The sun was BLAZING hot and it was humid! That's right...HUMID! What the heck! I had literal sweat rolling off me, and I was just watching them play! ick.

Well anyways, they played 2 games and lost them both. They only lost by 1 run in both games so that was tough, but it made it so we were the last place team going into the tournament on Sunday. So, not to be mean or anything... but I was expecting to show up for our 8am game on Sunday - lose the game - and be home by 10:00. Well we WON our first game. Which was awesome! But that meant that we had to play another game immediately at 10:00am and it was the #1 team. Ya... we beat them too! WHAT!?!?!?! So now it is noon, it is disgustingly hot outside. We are sweaty, sunburned, smelly and going into the championship game that was supposed to start right away but thankfully they gave us a 30 minute break to feed our kids and re-hydrate them. During our break I checked the weather and it was 108* degrees outside, but the funny part was the RED (!). When I clicked on it it said that our area was under an "extreme heat advisory" it went on to say that if we worked or planned to be outside that rescheduling would be a good idea! ha!

We lost the Championship game, but the boys worked really hard and played really well. I couldn't imagine playing 6+ hours of baseball on a day like this! It was out of control hot. I am just so proud of them! Plus they all get a trophy for being the "finalist" anyways!


Post game! Just happy for some air conditioning!

Ethan & Coach Chris

The Generals
Back Left to Right- Coach Will, Keith, Billy, Ethan, Coach Ed
Middle Left to Right - Coach Chris, Alec, Ethan, Tanner, Brett
Front Left to Right - Coach Paul, Carter, Ryan, Hayden, Chacho

1 comment:

Darcie said...

Yay Generals! Way to tough it out - and yay Ethan! I love that the boys are so into baseball. I literally loved every single minute of watching Chad play, so I know the happiness that watching your boys play brings you.