Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Happy Day for Ethan!!!

The day is finally here for Ethan! Yesterday was his first day of Kindergarten! He had a fantastic day and was beaming when he got home. The bus ride was the coolest part - evidently. He was so cute because up until the first day of school for him he would wake up in the morning and come to me and say "only 3 more sleep nights until I get to go to school with Ryleigh & Spencer..." or "Only 1 more sleep night until I can go to school too!!" It was so cute how he was counting down. I love it!
Here is the 3 of them on Ethan's first day. Spencer was so great - he sat with Ethan on the bus and walked him to his class at school ( Dan and I followed the bus on Ethan's first day to make sure he got to class okay and didn't have a melt down - which of course he didn't!![have a melt down]) It made me to proud to watch those two walk the hall together. They are such great buddies - I really hope it will stay that way. Ryleigh on the other hand, is not so into her brothers. She is totally into her friends and stuff! It is crazy how all of the sudden a little light switch went on and now all of the sudden she is a tween with attitude. She is still a great kid - I am not complaining but it just means that she is getting older and I am not sure I am ready for that.
I just liked this picture of the boys, it really shows how much they love each other.

2 comments:

Duane and Jan Gibbons Family said...

Wow the black and white is a great picture! I wish I had wise words of advice for you as the kids get older, but I don't. It is designed that we all learn as we go. We make some mistakes, but hopefully our love overrides it all. It is certainly all worth it. Watching my kids mature has been an awesome, rewarding life experience.

Bringhurst Family said...

Yay for Ethan! I've never seen a kid work the camera like Spencer.