Wednesday, September 5, 2007

IT IS HERE!!!!

Today was the first day of school!!!! FINALLY!!!! According to my kids ever increasing boredom levels, I feel that summer is about 3 weeks too long. Those last couple weeks were torture! They are tired of playing with the same old friends and their toys are no longer fun... it is just the worst time of year according to them! Ryleigh got to the point where she was saying to me "mom, I am bored - what can I do that does not involve cleaning?" lol!! Unfortunately, here in Oregon they like to make the kindergartners feel special and not trampled on so they don't get to start until next week. They have 1/2 of the class come to school on Monday next week, then the other 1/2 of the class come on Tuesday next week and then they all meet up on Wednesday for their first real day of school. It is a little weird to me - but whatever. Poor Ethan though, does not feel special because of this new schedule, instead he feels left out. He wanted to get on the bus this morning! He is dying here!!
Spencer is going into 1st grade!! Can you believe it? I can't. His teacher is Mrs. Taylor and he has a super cool class room with a bunch of windows that all face the playground! I do love the old school buildings (this building is probably as old or older than my grandparents) because they feel more comfortable and the kids are not couped up with no windows or anything!
Ryleigh is starting 4th grade - that is not a typo!! I am totally shocked. I need to start preparing myself now for 5th grade next year because when we were school supply shopping I kept looking at the 3rd grade list! She is totally embarrassed of me and its cool. I love her anyways, and I remember feeling that way about my mom. She has Mrs. Caster this year who seems really nice and organized, she has a website that I can check on that lists all of the assignments and what they are learning about, so that will be great for me.

I just can't believe that all 3 of my kids are going to be in school this year. It is totally fun and amazing! I love it! I will be home alone with no one - for a couple of months anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And before you know it you'll have high schoolers! In many ways it really does go by fast. Any names picked out yet?

Mishlers said...

I can't believe how grown up they are! They are beautiful kids, oh how I would love to see you all again!