Monday, August 10, 2009

First Day!

It is already that time for us! I can't believe that school is back in session. This year my poor kids only got about 6 weeks of summer because in Oregon they didn't get out until June 11th! Oregon kids don't go back to school until the week after Labor Day. They didn't seem to mind at all though. In fact they were MORE THAN READY to get back to school. They all rode their scooters to school this morning with their cousins and then I met up with them to make sure they knew where to go. It was total chaos this morning. We are coming from a school with less than 200 students and this school is at least 3 times that!
I think Ethan was the most nervous this morning. He was not very chatty, like he normally is. I can't believe he is going to be in second grade. His teacher is Mr. Fetsco this year and he seems pretty great. I just hope that he will be able to challenge Ethan.

Spencer was his usual care-free self. He always is so good to just go with the flow. I think inside he was a little nervous but he doesn't let us know. He has Ms. Murray for 3rd grade this year and she seems very organized but relaxed which is exactly what Spencer needs.

Ryleigh was, I think, a little embarrassed to have me at the school. She was fine to go find her own teacher and line and stuff. Adios MOM! It does my heart good though because next year is Junior High and she will need to have a little bit of that independent confidence. She is in 6th grade and has Mr. Moore and evidently he is awesome. Everyone was telling Ryleigh that she is so lucky and at meet the teacher night he had more past students in visiting him that new students from this year.

4 comments:

Toone Family said...

Hey Jeni I don't have your phone number I was just checkin on dinner this month? Would this sunday work? Give me a call and we will figure it out. 480-220-1697. Love YA!

PS It doesn't seem to matter what you post about it always brings a smile to my day! Thanks!

Cori said...

How fun! Your kids are just awesome looking. Love you all and hope you have a great year.

Susan Sorensen said...

They sure are growing up! Cute kids. I'm glad they do well in school - it's absolutely the key to being happy (at that age)!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for school! Hopefully their first day was a hit-- loved the pictures!