Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hysteria

Last night we rocked out! Because Dan is an Iraqi War Veteran we get all sorts of crazy perks and last night was one of them. We got FREE TICKETS to go see Def Leppard, Poison & Cheap Trick at Cricket Pavillion (which is outside.....in August?) We had a dang blast! Since Dan's brother, Adam, is also an OIF Vet he was able to get tickets too and then we got a couple extra for Dan's sisters Nicole & Kaela. Here we are waiting for the show to start. Our seats were lawn seats so they we not the best- but since we got there early we were on the first row! The seats were actually not too bad.... for a while. Once Poison came out people started smushing their way forward and crushing us in. Why do drunk people have no personal bubble?

Yesterday we tied the record for temperature at 113*! It was pretty warm, can you tell? I am glistening. Once, the sun went down it was not as bad cause we were on the grass...but then when all the people started smushing their way in it got hot....REALLY HOT.

Poor Dan has some eardrum issues (thanks Army!) and so he HAS to have earplugs. He forgot to bring some from home and so he was going to try to tuff it out but after the very first note I could tell that he was not going to make it. He had a look of serious pain on his face. Luckily guest services will give them to you for free. phew.

Okay, they would not let us have cameras in the show so I tried my best to capture everything with a cell phone. So here is some video from each band... its a little shotty. Sorry

Cheap Trick:
okay, poor Cheap Trick. They seemed a little bitter that they were the opening act. They kept saying over and over that they were the best band ever, and they kept telling us that they were the only one with a top 5 Elvis hit... blah blah blah... The crowd was pretty sparse for Cheap Trick.


Poison:
Ahhhh Poison... I LOVE POISON!! I always have, I probably always will. They sounded really great live and they put on a good show. They thanked our Military more than a couple of times and they were awesome! I love poison!




Def Leppard:
This band holds some serious childhood memories for me. So it was really fun to see them live. They put on an AMAZING show! I just wanted to dance the whole time and Dan kept laughing at me. YEAH FOR SUPER FUNNESS!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww! Definitely gotta love the military perks! Glad you guys had such a good time! Miss you guys lots!

Susan Sorensen said...

I would like to have seen that!!! ...YOU - not the bands!! :o)

Darcie said...

Dang!! I KNEW I should have taken drugs and gone anyway. I did end up getting a headache that evening, so it's just as well I stayed home. SO GLAD you have fun! Thanks for putting their music on your blog! LOVE YOU TONS!

marry said...

movies are hecka expensive girl... seriously 9 bucks for am movie... when i can see it for a buck... but regardless of movies i'm all about girls nights

i totally remembered i didn't email you the list of scout stuff... i have to find the paper, but scouts was cancelled anyways