Thursday, February 25, 2010

We had an ouchie!

This was precious Olivia on February 22, 2010
This is Olivia on February 23, 2010
February 24, 2010 (in the a.m.)
February 24, 2010 (in the p.m.)
Today! 10 minutes ago actually...

Can a two-year-old break her nose?
Well Olivia is trying to find out!
On Tuesday (Ryleigh's birthday) I was making Fudgy Mint Brownies for her classroom  birthday dessert when I heard Olivia calling my name from the other room (she was watching Dora the Explorer). I answered he with the usual "what-ie") Then she yelled it a little louder, so I went to see what she was getting into.
I walked into the room - I was greeted with a mess.
 A bloody mess. Literally - blood. everywhere.
I will spare you the details but seriously - everywhere.
After cleaning her up I held her for a long time but she started swelling up instantly so I started to get worried. I felt her nose for any hard bumps or abnormal stuff but I could only feel swelling (she had a grown mans nose at this point!) so after Dan got home we took her into the doctor. He said he didn't think it was broken but just to be sure he ordered an x-ray. (broken noses on cool on boys but not so cute on little girls - ya know!)
Olivia did really really good for her x-ray. She has a little upset of course but she held still and we were able to get pretty good clear images of her face. No broken bones thankfully! Just a whole lotta swelling and bruising!
Personally I think she looks like Neytiri (the girl on Avatar) now!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad! But of course she handled it like a champ! Too cute!

Susan Sorensen said...

My heart aches for her!! We hate it when they're hurt - but we're so thankful she's going to be ok.

Unknown said...

poor little thing! glad they didn't find any broken bones, but wow that just looks painful! i can just imagine the amount of blood...noses bleed like crazy.

Duane and Jan Gibbons Family said...

So Jeni were you like this when you were a little girl? If not, you can blame her father because I remember saying, "It will be a miracle if he lives to be five!." You know I wish I had pictures of the dog bite on the face, the forehead popped all the way open to the skull (that required 43 stitches), and all the nose bleeds.
But, they grow up into such great parents!

Darcie said...

Jeni wasn't quite as bad as Dan, but she had very little fear. She must have been luckier - no stitches or anything too bad. I don't think you'll be as lucky with Liv - good luck with that!! ;)