Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Winning!

 We have the most AMAZING club baseball team! I am sure that most people love any organization that they are a part of, but I honestly love our Raptors family. We spend more time with these people than some of our own family members so I guess its a good thing that we enjoy them so much.


At the beginning of the year we had enough players that the team needed to be split. They created a "Raptor's Gold" team, this team consists of the players that need just a little bit more practice than some of the other - older players. Ethan was moved to the Raptor's Gold team and Spencer stayed with the orginal Raptor's team. Spencer still plays tournaments with the Raptor's Gold since Dan is helping to coach both teams so it just makes sense to have Spencer there too, plus this gives him a chance to work on things that need a little more improvement - like his pitching.

Last weekend we had a Raptor's tournament. The boys were ON FIRE! It was so fun to watch mainly because it is so fun to WIN! The Raptors run-ruled all the teams - even in the Championship game! After demolishing the competition USSSA promptly bumped this team into the AAA brackets.

Coach Dirk
Spencer - up to bat
 For the Raptor's Spencer plays, almost exclusively, 1st base. He is a picking machine. We always joke that he makes everyone else look good! There is no glory in playing first base - everyone always remembers that amazing diving catch by the shortstop to throw the kid out at first - but they don't remember that the first baseman had to pick the ball out of the dirt for the play to be a success.

He loves the position, and I love him playing it.


I really love each one of these kids so much! I feel like they are all an extension of our family. I know that eventually the boys will grow up and move on but I am in no hurry for that to happen! I am loving this moment!

1 comment:

Darcie said...

For the most part, I felt about the Lumber Company like you do about Raptors. We had some really fun times. I'm glad you appreciate the moment.