Sunday, February 3, 2013

A new team

Around Christmastime we decided to find a new team with Ethan. His team that he had been with up to this point was good. His coaches were wonderful men and the boys and parents all seemed perfectly nice and welcoming. But something was just wrong. I couldn't put my finger on it. I didn't know why I felt like it wasn't the right place for us.... until their last tournament. After the last game,and their team got run ruled by the other team one of the parents went up to one of the other boys on the team and said "GREAT JOB! You guys really played well, I am so proud of you!" and the boy was happy. In fact all the boys acted as if it was a wonderful game, except for Ethan.. Ethan was clearly disappointed and was in no mood for goofing off with the other kids. After the game he looked at me and said "no one cares if we win or not mom".  At that moment I knew we needed a change.

The best part was we found a team right in our local area! Which means practices are nice and close! Plus these are kids that Ethan will play Little League with and go to school with. So far so good! We are really enjoying the new team.

Ethan #15 and the other Ethan #10 were team captains of this game.



Unfortunately Ethan is still not getting as much time behind the plate as I (and HE) would like. The reality is that he has really advanced fielding skills since he has been playing up with kids 2 years older than him for the past 2 years, and the team really needs a strong middle infield.


 They also have him pitch a bunch which is strange, considering he is bred to be a catcher - not a pitcher. But he is good because he can consistently throw a strike.
His team isn't winning a bunch yet but they are really good! They actually won the second game they ever played as a team, which is a great start! I feel like they have a bunch of potential and I can't wait to see what the future holds for them.

No comments: