Monday, November 25, 2013

Thank You, Veterans!

 At Ethan & Olivia's Elementary school they had this big huge "Thank you, Veterans!" assembly and celebration! When they originally brought home the papers about it Dan just glanced at it and then tossed it in the trash. He was not interested in going to the kids school and being recognized. (He is one of those guys that doesn't stand up when they ask if there are any veterans in the audience...) Well a couple of days before the assembly Olivia comes home and says "Dad! When you come to my school on Friday for the assembly I am going to give you something because you are a Veteran!" ha! How can you deny that! So of course, he decided to go. And I  am so glad that we did!

This assembly was amazing! I have never, even in Texas, seen a school put on an assembly like this! They sang patriotic music and waved flags - it was so wonderful to see!

Olivia running to greet her dad when they called his name!

Later she said "Dad, when I saw you I was so happy that I wanted to cry!"

Ethan with his veteran

2 comments:

Darcie said...

This post makes me all kinds of teary and happy. We ARE proud of our veterans - even if they are a little shy about tooting their own horns.

Unknown said...

Nate is exactly the same way he hates being recognized.