Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Nothing

I feel like such a slacker because I have not posted anything in a while. I do apologize - I have been awful about remembering my camera and I don't like to post without a picture or two, but today I will give an update!

We have been SUPER busy lately, of course it is our (okay, my) own fault. As you know I am the Vice President of Softball for the Albany Little League, which usually is not too overwhelming but at our last meeting I volunteered to be the chairperson for an upcoming Aquafina Pitch, Hit & Run tournament that we were hosting. I volunteered 10 days before the scheduled event and found myself a little overwhelmed with the responsibility. I am still trying to recover from it! Alas - it did go off without a hitch and you would never know that I needed 22 volunteers and only got 5! I am so grateful for those 5 and their willingness to multi-task.

Of course our kids baseball & softball games have been keeping us CRAZY busy too! Where we live we do not have a "sports complex" so the kids play their games at the local elementary school fields. Which is fine - except that each one of my kids play at DIFFERENT schools! YEAH - I know! We have at least 1 game every night of the week. I am really looking forward to the days when we can eat dinner before 7:30 pm!

This last week was my Dad's 50th birthday! He thinks he is all old and stuff but really - he is pretty young. My sister put together a little slide show-DVD of his life that was really sweet. It made me a little teary of course (I don't know what happened to my toughness - but I am a wuss!). I got to help out with the slide show by scanning 200 photos of my dad's life into my computer. It is pretty fun to see how much our family has changed through the years. Here is 2 pictures of me with my parents & brother's and sisters. The top one was taken in 2006 and the bottom one was taken in 1993. crazy.
Top Left-Right: Dad, Devin, Tyler, Justin - Bottom Left - Right - Chad, Kristi, Andrea, Me Mom
Top Left-Right Me, Mom (holding Chad), Justin, Dad - Middle Left - Right - Andrea, Kristi, Tyler - Bottom - Devin

1 comment:

Darcie said...

These pictures were heart tuggers - I am always amazed at how wonderful you all turned out - in spite of the parents you had to work with!! I love you Jeni!