Saturday, May 30, 2009

Field Trip

Ethan had a field trip on Friday to the Portland, Oregon zoo. I took the day off work to go with him and we had so much fun! It was hot - 94* - which is crazy hot for Portland but it was welcomed by me. We enjoyed soaking up the rays.
Ethan is sizing himself up against some bears.


They had a maze called the Chimpanzee Challenge where you got to chose your own adventure through the maze depending on how well you know the answers. I thought this was an interesting little fact:
All throughout the zoo they had little facts and political agendas - just though I would share:

Last year the Oregon zoo had a baby elephant and that is her in between the two bigger elephants. She was so dang cute.

You can go into the elephant feeding room and see them up close, through the Plexiglas. That thing is HUGE!

I just though I would post pictures of some of the cuter animals.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love the zoo-- and 94 degrees? Crazy! Miss you guys!

Darcie said...

How fun that you got to go with him - for you and for him.

Andrea said...

The Portland Zoo looks cool! I'll have to check that out someday.
Don't you just love the political agenda's they teach little kids?!