Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mom

I am not usually one for expressing my gushy love feelings, actually I am quite the opposite ~ I am not a "sharer". If I had gushy love feelings I would probably turn them into some sort of joke and laugh them off. Weird I know (maybe I need a therapist) but those around me know this about me and for whatever reason, are okay with it.

This year however I feel that I have so much to be thankful for and I would be horribly ungrateful to not express my gratitude.

I am the mother of four wonderful children ~ I had no idea I could love so much. Each one of my children are totally unique with amazing personalities and I love each one of them. This year I have really come to understand the importance of motherhood and what a wonderful gift it is and what miraculous little gifts they are to me. I am thankful for every moment I have with each of them and I hope that I take none of it for granted. I love being a mom, I love being their mom.

I, of course, learned from the best. My mom is amazing. She is my best friend. We have become so close in the past 2 years and I have really enjoyed it. Even though I don't love Oregon, I love being close to her again and some days that is what gets me through. She taught me so much when I was growing up and she has been such a blessing to me and my family. She is a wonderful grandmother to my children and they love her so much. I am so thankful for her and that she brought me into this world. I love her so much.
My mother-in-law. I married into the BEST family! I could not have hand picked a better family to be a part of. My mother-in-law is so gracious and kind and she is a wonderful example to me. She raised (and is still raising) 7 amazing kids - one in particular that I love so much! I can not wait to live close to her again. She is capable of showing so much love and I love that about her. She is an amazing woman.

In the end, I am grateful for motherhood and I am grateful for the opportunity to celebrate it. Not only do I have amazing moms but there are more mother's in my life that have helped shape our lives today that I am grateful for. Grandmothers, aunts, sister-in-laws, step-mom's, cousins, and friends that are all wonderful mothers that are a great example to me. Thank you.

4 comments:

Megann said...

What a nice tribute! I had no idea how much you look like your mom. And your kids...they're growing up too fast.

Susan Sorensen said...

Beautiful Jeni. I love the pictures AND the heartfelt thoughts. YOUR mother once said to me: "When it's all over, all you have is your family.". I've never forgotten that. Our families are what life is all about - and it's so absolutely wonderful when you're all close. Emotionally and physically.

Duane and Jan Gibbons Family said...

A very nice tribute; A very ugly picture of me. I can't wait to have you all back here. Only 29 days until you head home. Yippee!

larsonfamily said...

Hey Jeni,
I was just checking out your blog, your family is so cute. I have been thinking about you guys lately, I really miss you guys. I hope your all doing well.
Love,
Mindy