Friday, May 8, 2009

We watch Softball too...

It is so fun to have 3 kids in sports (well, some days not so fun.... but I am NOT going to complain!) Between the boys playing baseball and Ryleigh playing softball we stay busy busy busy in the Spring. This springtime is especially hectic with Dan in school full time, and going to Physical Therapy and his calling and me working full time, being on the Little League board and with my calling and THEN TRYING TO MOVE, and to throw in some extra curricular activities ~ lets just say it has been a little crazy! But it is so worth it. I can't even accurately describe the complete joy that I feel watching my children play sports. I am so grateful that we live in a community where it is possible for them.

Ryleigh is on the Thunder this year, and she is having a lot of fun - her two good friends from school are on her team - Keri and Rylie. Her coach this year is fantastic. I am so glad she decided (at the last minute) to play. Her games are a little less action packed than the boys ~ but lets give those girls some credit. Pitching like that can't be easy.

She is pretty excellent in the field. Here she is playing 1st base and loving it. There is not usually a whole lot of action in the field at this level, a lot of girls end up walking. However, when there is that occasional hit she is guaranteed to get some action at 1st!


Ryleigh is excellent at drawing a walk. She will get that count full and then pray for a ball - I think that is her tactic. She doesn't like to swing the bat much, but we are working on that.
Of course, here is sweet Olivia, just chilling. I guess she has just decided to deal with it because this is her life ~ ball every afternoon! (oh and that is Chad)

1 comment:

Cori said...

I was just telling Uncle Garret last night how much I miss softball. We drove passed a field in Lehi and I could smell the dust and I was in my catcher's uniform squat/kneeling behind home plate. I could even smell the leather in my glove! Man! I miss that so much!!