Thursday, March 22, 2012

I had a birthday

So yesterday was my birthday. Its funny how uneventful birthdays get as you get older... but that is just how I want it to be.

It was actually pretty nice... My mom came and picked me up early in the morning and we did a little shopping at Chandler mall and then had lunch at Liberty Market in downtown Gilbert (YUM!...btw, you eat for FREE on your birthday, which we found out later that day) then I came home and relaxed with my husband for about 20 minutes until we had to leave so he could take me out to dinner. We just went over to Olive Garden since we needed to be quick and it is right here by our house. We had to get home to take the kids to their various practices. So we shared a dinner plate at 4:15 in the afternoon! Yah... I felt more like 81 than 31. Nevertheless it was yummy and I enjoyed the company. After "dinner" we took the kids to practice and then when we got home at almost 9:00pm my mom was waiting with birthday cake and ice cream! yummmm...

I hope that in 31 years, when I am 62 and my children are 45, 42, 40 & 35. I will be able to look back on this birthday and be thankful that I spent it right where I love to be most. With my family.
What mother of 4's birthday is complete without a small child's handprint in the cake! :)

1 comment:

Darcie said...

I had so much fun being with you just hanging out and laughing. You are a love!