Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Wisdom?

On March 6th I finally had those stupid wisdom teeth removed! I have been postponing the inevitable for over 7 years now and I guess the stars finally aligned and we had the money and I liked the dentist well enough to go for it.

I was not nervous for the surgery but I was really scared that Dan was going to video tape me when I was all drugged up and then make fun of me. I was having nightmares about that. I have seen all those youtube videos! I do not need 15 seconds of fame. Thankfully I am a total bore when I am under the influence. I just wanted to sit in silence and be sad.

The ride home
This is me on the ride home from the oral surgeon. I really wish now that I would have gotten pictures everyday because MAN I swelled up!!

The worst part of the whole thing is that because I waited so long to get them pulled my wisdom teeth were HUGE... and laying right on the nerves. So when they pulled them they informed me that my nerves were exposed and my mouth will probably remain numb for several days up to a few weeks as my nerves get over the shock of seeing fresh air for the first time ever.
My lovely wisdom teeth
Update:  March 20th: Still Numb
Update: March 27th: Still Numb - Doctor appointment Next week!
Update: April 3rd: Doctor says I don't have nerve damage - its just a wait an see at this point... still numb by the way
Update:  April 10th: Still Numb
Update: April 23rd: Still Numb

No comments: