Wednesday, March 21, 2012

It's Time

So it has been nearly a month since my last update! I can hardly believe it. Time really is going by at lightening speed these days. I keep thinking that I will post when I have some pictures to share but that doesn't seem to be happening, so you will just have to put up with a non-picture post. just words.

So in the last month we have finally really settled into our new house, played some baseball, I got my wisdom teeth pulled, played some baseball, my two sisters came into town and we threw a baby shower for the youngest. Which I do have pictures of.... but just not today.

I feel like people get tired of me posting about my kids playing baseball, but that is really at least 60% of our life right now, so I am thinking y'all might have to just start dealing with it. Ethan & Spencer are both still playing baseball for the Raptor's Club baseball team, but they divided the team into two teams and so the boys got divided up, which translates to more baseball for us! They are also both playing Little League this year. Spencer's team looks really strong, like it will be a good season. Ethan's team looks like the bad news bears. Wow. Lets keep our fingers crossed. Ryleigh finished up junior high softball and is waiting for Little League to start for her. She will play Juniors for Little League this year, and that season doesn't start until April.

I got my wisdom teeth pulled on March 6th. It was/has been a rough recovery. Apparently my teeth were all impacted and large and therefore causing massive interference with the nerves in my mouth. As a result: I am still numb on my lower lip, chin and inside my mouth in the front. It make eating and drinking rather challenging. I go back to the dentist on April 3rd for a steroid if its not better by then. Good news: no more migraines from unusually large wisdom teeth smushing the insides of my mouth.

Last weekend we had my two sisters come into town. Andrea flew in from Oregon and Kristi drove into town from Colorado. We threw a baby shower for my little sister Kristi, who is having a baby boy - Jett, due in May. It was so fun! Plus, I think the shower turned out really cute. Pictures to come!

Well that's it. adios

2 comments:

Andrea said...

the shower was AWESOME Jeni!! I had so much fun. And I really don't mind seeing and reading about baseball...it keeps me informed, and I love that! Love you!
Oh, and hope you continue to recover from the wisdom teeth nerve thing- I always wondered why they call them "wisdom teeth".

Darcie said...

Ha! Me too, Andrea! Wisdom teeth seems a little strange. Pain in the --- teeth would be a better description.
I'm with Andrea - I like hearing about the kids and baseball/softball. It's life. That's a good thing.
I had so much fun doing the whole shower thing with you. Can't wait to do it again one of these days.
I love you -