Monday, July 22, 2013

First Day of School

That's right folks! Don't be jealous! Chandler starts school in JULY!!!! I love it! I get mixed reactions from a lot of people about it. But I don't care whatcha'll think! I think it is wonderful. This last week I was just starting to get to the point where I was thinking school was needing to start (fighting, whining, boredom, STARVING children!!) and sure enough it is starting! ALL the kids are in school this year but they are at 3 different schools, and they all start at different times so I couldn't get a picture of them all together! Thank goodness for the digital age - I can create a group shot!

 Ryleigh leaves for school first - at like 6:40am! yeeesh! She is taking her English class online this year so that she can take Seminary without needing a zero hour class, which is awesome for me! No carpool!!! She is a Sophomore. I can't believe it. She is about to get her Driver's permit in about a month and she can hardly stand it. I think I might have a panic attack!
She is a fantastic student! She works hard and she is good at school. Her teachers usually like her, which is a good thing. School is easier when they like you.
She LOVES baseball! Mainly the Diamondbacks and she is near obsessive about Paul Goldschmidtt. The funny thing about that is she has been in love with him since his MLB debut 3 summers ago but this year he seems to be the HOT one! She gets so annoyed when other people like him! She LIKED HIM FIRST! hahaha! She's just awesome! What else can I say!
 The Elementary kids (Ethan & Olivia) leave next, at like 7:50am. This is Ethan's first year of school without Spencer. He is taking like a champ! Who needs a big brother when you are as awesome as this kid?? Ethan is in 5th grade this year and has Mrs. Wood, who also has Spencer as a student (fortunately for Ethan she liked Spencer!). Ethan's best friend isn't in his class but he makes friends easily so I don't see that as being a problem.

Ethan is pretty much a little athlete. He loves all sports. Right now he is about to start up tackle football (next week!). Plus he has a baseball tournament this weekend in Show Low with his club baseball team. His teacher last year would always refer to him as "just a cool kid". I think she's right! He is a cool kid!


 Olivia is beside herself with excitement! She is finally going to kindergarten! She has been waiting for 5 1/2 years already! Her teacher looks like she will be perfect for a little red headed personality in her class. Olivia was so cute picking out her new school clothes and backpack. She even let me do her hair for the first day! (Those of you that know Olivia understand how rare this is!)

Olivia is 5 going on 25! She is so fabulous! One of these days I am going to have an entire blog post of just her selfies/videos/voice memos that I find on her iPod! She is a crack up! I will be interested to see how she does with the structure of school. She is not a conformist! hahaha! That poor school... they have no idea what is coming.....




Spencer is off to Junior High this year! Yep! That is right he's in 7th grade! Can you believe it!!!!??? Ya.. I can't..... but I can. His Junior High seems like it will be a nice transition between elementary and high school. When I was in Jr. High my classes could be on one end of the school and then my next class would be on the opposite side and downstairs! Not here at his school! He gets placed in a "group" and it is a group of 4 core teachers (English, Science, Math & Social Studies) and every kid in his same group have those same core teachers and their classrooms are all within the same vicinity of each other. Then he only has to worry about his elective classes. Doesn't that sound so nice! Where were these people when I was this age!

Jr High has sports so I am really hopeful he will try to go out for some athletics! He is about to start up tackle football in a week too and we are currently looking for a new baseball team for him. He is so awesome! I just love his tender heart and sweet personality! I hope he can be successful in this new stage of life!


2 comments:

Darcie said...

You have the most awesome kids. I love them all so very much.

Susan Sorensen said...

ditto Darcie.....