Tuesday, July 30, 2013

General's Tournament

Ethan's club ball team decided to play a tournament in Show Low last weekend. It was a blast! Obviously, with it being 115* in the valley it just isn't realistic to play baseball in that heat but the coaches and players wanted to play - so we head North! The weather was awesome! The boys on the Generals all played All-Stars for Chandler National so USSSA let them wear their uniforms for the tournament. Some of the boys were from the North (Grey jersey's) and some were from the South (Maroon jersey's). 

 Ethan played his typicals... second, shortstop, center field, pitcher and Catcher. I guess the list of where he didn't play would be smaller...

After having a rough go at bat during All-Stars I was a little nervous for the tournament! But he was back to himself in no time! 
Ethan on third with Head Coach Chris DeRosa

Pitching
 ...and then the MAGIC happened.....

My brother, Tyler, came to the game and he asked me when Ethan got up to bat: "So has Ethan hit any home runs?" My reply "uh, no. Not over the fence. That is pretty rare at this age. Usually the only kids in 10U that can put it over the fence are the tubby kids."
No joke - the next pitch - Ethan swings and OVER THE FENCE IT GOES!!!!
 YEP! MY BABY BOY'S FIRST HOME RUN!!!!!!!!!!
I was in shock! I was so in shock that I didn't think to take a picture until he was crossing home plate! I sat with my mouth wide open just watching it sail over the fence! 
 The boys on the team were just as excited as me! They met Ethan at the plate and were so happy for him!
I think Ethan was a little in shock...

After the first game with his home run ball! We got to keep it! :) 

After the first day of games we were all pretty pumped up! Not only did they win both games but they played SO WELL!! I was proud of them and I know they were all proud of themselves! The nice thing about winning was you get to sleep in the next day! 

We came out aggressive on the bracket day! It's single elimination so it was important to win! 
Ethan STOLE home!
 (not a wild pitch or passed ball!) 

Ethan catching
 oh.. and then 
HE DID IT AGAIN!!!
 YEP! That's right! He parked another one over the fence!!! 


 This time I remembered to take pictures... but not until he was rounding 3rd base! 


In the end we WON! We won the whole tournament! We were the champions! It was so fun!!


The Champions!

Ethan with his trophy & his 2 home run balls!!!

Top Left to right: Coach Paul, Tyler, Alec, Keith, Ethan (the other one), Noah, Coach Dixon
Bottom Left to right: Coach Ed, Coach Will, Billy, Marc, Coach Chris, Carter, Ethan, Hayden

2 comments:

Darcie said...

SO STINKIN' AWESOME!!! Next time you go out of town for a tournament, I'm coming. Apparently they play better in a different climate! (Although, they always play good)

Susan Sorensen said...

So exciting!! We're so proud of him!! Maybe they played so well because of the cool weather?!!