Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Another School Year

Another school year is upon us and I think I am the most excited of them all! Of course all the kids are pretty stoked but I.......... well lets just say it has been a long summer.



We will go in reverse order this year:

Ryleigh:

Oh my! Can you believe how beautiful she is? I can't. Of course I may be partial.... but still. I mean look at her! She is going into 8th grade this year, her last year of junior high school. I think she is pretty excited, but a little nervous. Last night we had the open house for her and while her teachers seem pretty good, she is disappointed (to say the least) in her selection of classmates. Apparently all the girls that are in her classes are all "drama", which Ryleigh has no time for {thankfully}. She tested out of Language Arts and only has English this year which means that she is lucky enough to have 2 elective classes. She chose Drama & Spanish. We learned that at the end of the school year the foreign language students get to take a trip to Europe, so we are keeping that on the list, and I am sure she is currently taking donations for that cause. She also signed up for accommodated PE this year. In this class she helps the kids with special needs do PE. We thought that is was pretty awesome of her to sign up for that ~ plus it was an application process and she was accepted. Yay! Also, her Science teacher, used to be an Elementary teacher and she had her Uncle Cory as a student once - we are hoping that doesn't hurt her! :)


Spencer:


Spencer is going into 5th grade this year. It seems like only yesterday that Ryleigh was in 5th grade! I am absolutely flabbergasted at the speed at which youth passes by.  Spencer was a little disappointed when he saw that he wasn't in Ms. Murray's class (his 3rd grade teacher made the jump up to 5th) but I am more than excited with his current teacher. Her name is Mrs. Ruhrer and she seems great! Super organized! Plus all his best friends are in his class - which means it will be a great year again for him. His best friends parents are super involved with the school so their kids always go to the class with the best teachers. I am thankful for that.



Ethan:


Ethan is in 3rd grade this year! I am so excited about this year for him. His teacher, Mrs. Stenson,  appears to be very very organized and structured. She has been teaching for 16 years so she is well seasoned. Ethan really thrives in a well organized classroom and I believe this one will be great for him. He is a beast though! He is one of the older ones in his grade because his birthday is at the beginning of the school year (next week) but he is at least a head taller than all the other kids. I bet the line at school looks hilarious.

**Olivia gets to be home with me for one more year!**

Hooray for school!

3 comments:

Susan Sorensen said...

Spencer's shirt says it all!!! HAHAHA! I always look forward to your blog post on the first day of school. You really evaluate your children so well. I love them so much, and want them to do well. It sounds like they're going to do very well this year. And you have a right to be excited! I couldn't believe all of the activities you took on this summer with the kids. I thought: 'Is she crazy?!' (in a loving way). But that's why your kids are so well adjusted - because their parents care, direct and are involved. It makes all the difference. I'll be calling Ryliegh to come over and help me with chores periodically so she can put money in her "Europe" account.

JKGibbons said...

That is awesome that Ryleigh is helping with the Special Ed PE class. What an honor. The boys are so handsome and it is fun to watch them grow! I rolled down my window and honked at the boys on their way home from school today as I was taking Ashley home. Got a big wave. They looked happy after their first day at school!

Anonymous said...

Love the school pictures! I cannot believe they are all so big! Especially Ryleigh-- she is beautiful! Hope their first day went well! And that it's a good year for all of them!