Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of School!!

YEAH!! SEPTEMBER IS HERE!! The kids finally started school! I always love the first day of school, and not because it gives me the chance to get the house clean - but because of the excitement! The kids are on cloud 9 and everything just seems fun! Not to mention, it means that my favorite time of year is around the corner - fall!

Ryleigh is going into 5th grade! yikes. If we were to stay here for another year then she would go into middle school next year - but we don't talk about that.
Spencer is in 2nd grade! He is such a great kid! He drives his teachers crazy because he has the ability to listen and understand what the teacher is saying even when he is goofing off. They always want to catch him off guard but he always knows exactly what is going on!
Ethan is in 1st grade this year. I can't believe it. He goes to a different school than the other kids because the school house is too small to accommodate K-5th grades. So Kinder and 1st grade to a school all by themselves right down the street from the other school. It is kind of weird but the school district has been great about making it very easy for us parents.

**on a side note: I know you all are anxiously awaiting our pictures of our Arizona trip and don't worry they are coming - I just didn't want to distract from the first day of school.

4 comments:

Duane and Jan Gibbons Family said...

They are such a cute group and growing so fast. Other than posting pictures on the internet
how do you keep track of all your pictures? You're so good about taking them, but are they stored on discs or do you actually make prints and put them in books?

Jeni Lyn said...

haha! Dan always makes fun of me because I take all these pictures but they never leave the computer. I blog most of the good ones, and they I will print a book from the blog. Hopefully that will be good enough for future generations, 4 kids is just too many to scrapbook for.

Anonymous said...

They all look so great! That Ryleigh is just so grown up and beautiful. I don't know if she has eye makeup on, but she will never need it - gorgeous lashes!

Susan Sorensen said...

They are so darn cute!! I can't believe how alert and ready to go they look right after that long ole' trip home from Arizona! They are troopers. And, yes, we miss you guys tons already.