Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pizza Party

This last August my parents pizzaria, Slices, closed it's doors for the last time. Yes, the pizzaria is gone. It has been really sad for all of us because we loved it so much. The students around campus are starting to come back from Summer vacation and I think they are going to be equally bummed. The students LOVED it! The tragedy here is that business was good but the location was rough. The restaurant was only conveniently accessible to the students during the school day or if they lived in the dorms, which meant that in the evenings, weekends and Summer & Winter breaks business was DEAD. Unfortunately Summer was just too much this year. Slices couldn't hold on anymore. We are very sad to see it go. It will be missed mucho!!

Before, our pizza parties were held in the restaurant and they usually involved taste testing new ingredients or new things to put on the menu. Now, we met at my parents kitchen, trying to use up the 200 lbs of pizza flour, yeast, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese..... that they have.


Even though we are so sad to see Slices go it was really fun to have a pizza party at home with the family again, because that is where the Slices dream began - a long time ago.


Plus! It was fun for Dan to get in and throw some dough around again.


Ryleigh is a DIPPER! She is always wanting to dip her food in stuff, here she is dipping her cheese pizza in Frank's Red Hot Sauce. When she was a baby she would dip her goldfish crackers in her water in Nursery. I kept thinking she would grow out of it, but no.
Spencer is a simple kid! Pepperoni pizza! Yummmm
Ethan likes to do and say and eat whatever Spencer does, so of course he had some pepperoni too.
My brother Justin and his girlfriend Kaitlyn brought over their kittens (they rescued a mama cat and these are her kittens). Olivia loved them! They were super cute little black fluffs!

Livy really had fun with Justin. They don't see each other much, so I thought this was a cute picture of the two of them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun party - and nice nod to Slices. I am so sad I never got to eat there. I'm thrilled to see Livy's little purple afghan in there. I think her's is the most-loved blanket I've made. Kisses to all of you. I miss you so much.

Duane and Jan Gibbons Family said...

So since we are coming to Oregon for Spencer's blessings could I make a request? Pizza. Ammon and I loved it when we visited after Livvy was born. Over the years I'd grown tired of pizza, but Slices was awesome! I couldn't get enough. Really. So since Dad hasn't ever tasted it, maybe we could have pizza when we are there?

Duane and Jan Gibbons Family said...

Oops. Spencer's not gonna be blessed--duh! He's gonna be baptized. Sorry.

Susan Sorensen said...

HAHAH!! I was wondering what 'blessings' Spencer was going to have that I didn't know about! Reading this piece made me really sad, and wishing I was there to have pizza with you. I'm so glad we were there in March - it was a great, fun place.