Friday, October 14, 2011

A Super Huge Thank You!

I am so thankful for every one's support of Ryleigh! I just have to express my gratitude.

At the beginning of the school year she found out that she is eligible to go on a Europe trip with her classmates at the end of May. They will be travelling through France, Spain & Italy for two weeks. The only catch is - it's not free.

Obviously, with our limited funds we told Ryleigh that we would love for her to be able to go but unfortunately with our very limited funds we just could not cover the $4,000.00 tab... :(

She was not phased by this. All she heard was that she could go! Only a minor detail that she needed to save more money than she has ever seen in her life.

Ryleigh went to work. She has been diligently babysitting and saving every penny. Even when friends want to go do something that requires money she just says that she has none, even though she does have some stashed away. I am so proud of how hard she is willing to work.  The unfortunate reality is, when we crunched the numbers, she just couldn't babysit enough to reach her goal.

That is when the letter was decided upon.

She took her time and wrote our closest friends and family with a sweet letter asking for any monetary donations they would be willing to send her way.

This is where I am thankful!: I KNOW how stressful times are for everyone! I do not know a single person that has not downsized or struggled recently but so many of our loved ones have set aside money to send to her. For some people I know that it doesn't come easy and I can not even begin to express my gratitude. I know that Ryleigh is incredibly grateful and whenever she gets a little letter in the mail or an email she is beyond excited. It is like a surprise Christmas!

So I just want to say thank you.

Thank you

No comments: