Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 16 - Coach Dirk

Coach Dirk is the base runner on Second, half the team watching in the front row
 Today was an extra special day! It was our last day of Fall Break and it just so happened that Spencer's club baseball coach had his own baseball tournament. I was so thankful for Coaches wife for letting everyone know! ;) I sent out an email to the team and offered to take anyone that was still around and available. Two boys took me up on my offer, plus another boy and his dad came on their own plus Coach Dirk's two boys (that are also teammates) were there of course. It was such a treat for them to see their coach play some baseball (and practice what he preaches).
Coach up to bat! He had a great hit!

They just can't handle watching the game, they have to be playing it! They would play in the grassy area in the stadium and then watch when they would hear Coach come up to bat.

 At the end of the game the boys rushed the field to congratulate coach on the 12-6 win! Coach definitely had the largest cheering section, I'll bet his teammates were jealous.
Even Olivia had to get in on a hug for coach.

I am in LOVE with this picture.
Coach on second
Boys in the front row
Left to right:
Jacob{a friend}, Cameron -00, Clay -13, Ryan -3, Spencer -6, Jackson -11, Ethan -15, Ty-44

1 comment:

Darcie said...

It makes my heart happy to know that my sweet boys have such a great example in their lives. Such a fun day for you all!