Tuesday, July 24, 2012

First...errrr...Second day of School


 Today was the first...errrr...second day of school for the kids! Now that we live in the Chandler school district they start early. They have a modified year round schedule which gives them a shorter summer but longer Fall & Spring breaks. I love it! The kids are still not quite sold on the idea but they seemed pretty excited for school today!

Unfortunately Ryleigh was the only one that made it to the actual first day of school. The boys and myself were down with the flu, so I didn't even get a proper picture of her on her first day. ooops.


Lets start with miss Ryleigh since she is the oldest! I can't believe that she is going into her Freshman year of high school! Seriously! What the heck! She has a full schedule this year, including a 0 hour, which means she has to be to school at 6:20am! She doesn't seem to mind too much though. Her electives are P.E. (she decided to get that out of the way this year) and Sign Language, plus she is in seminary. They are learning about the New Testament this year. Her bestie, Macayla, doesn't share a single class with her but they do share a lunch thankfully and Ryleigh has never struggled with making friends so I am sure that she will have a blast this year. I am so excited for this school year for her! 

Spencer is in his last year of elementary school! Yep! 6th grade. The big man on campus. He has a guy teacher this year who is totally into sports, especially football. I am hoping that will be a good connection for Spencer. Spencer has never struggled in school and always seems to enjoy learning. I am hoping that this year his teacher will prepare him to be independent and be ready for junior high next year! eek!
Ethan is going into 4th grade this year! ugh! 4th grade was the year for all the kids that seems to be the most difficult transition. I am hoping that Ethan with transition smoothly. His teacher seems very confident and experienced which I am praying will be perfect for him. He was ecstatic that she was his teacher because apparently she is "nice"! I am just excited that he is excited.
Even though Olivia is not going to school this year, I thought I would post a picture anyways. This is her last year home with me. :( I could put her in preschool this year but it was expensive and I am in no hurry to be missing her all day long. I love this girl!

1 comment:

Darcie said...

Man I LOVE these kiddos so much. I am so excited for their school year and hope it's the best ever. They can stop growing any time, though. This post made me teary just thinking about how fast the time is going by.
Regloo loves you guys!!!