Thursday, October 30, 2008

Catch-up

Our computer got a little sick last week and so I was unable to post some stuff, so this is a little late but still important. It is amazing at how much the computer dictates our lives (mine at least) it is amazing when you can't check you bank statement and you actually have to rely on what you have written down and you can't see your calendar to know who's birthday you missed and you can't check all your friends blogs to see how they are doing because calling them and actually telling them you care just seems like too much work. The computer is so amazing yet scary at the same time. My little week of no computer has taught me a lot and that is that I should NOT rely on my computer. And to all my friends on my blog list - I really do care about you all and I check your blogs regularly to see how you all are!






So anyways, on October 11th Spencer got baptized! This was such an amazing day full of family and fun! Dan's mom and dad and little brother from Arizona were able to fly out for the event and Dan's gramma Kaye was already in Oregon visiting us and Dan's sister April was able to drive down from Portland. My parents and brother Chad were there and so was my sister Andrea and her husband Greg. I think it turned out to be a really fun day for Spencer. It is not very often that the middle child gets an entire day devoted to them and so he was soaking up all the love.








Football ended for the boys. It was a GREAT month for them. They learned a lot of basics about the game and we were surprised to learn that BOTH of them LOVE the sport. Spencer was a little apprehensive about playing it at first but he really ended up being a great player. They usually had him is as a receiver while Ethan usually played defensive end. In their last game Spencer scored a touchdown and Ethan prevented the other team from scoring 4 times!! We are so proud of them.




In November we start wrestling. I brought home the singlets that the boys will be wearing in the matched and they both looked at me like I was crazy! I can't wait to watch them with this sport.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These photos are so much fun. You and your family are so good at being involved in good things. I'm proud of you, my JeniPen!

Duane and Jan Gibbons Family said...

It is amazing to think that my son has boys that are now doing the things he liked to do too. They are lucky you guys take the time time to get them involved.