Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

Today after school we carved our pumpkins. We had wanted to do them earlier than the day BEFORE Halloween but time just got away from us. I think it was worth the wait because our pumpkins turned out fabulous. In the above picture Dan's pumpkin is on the left, then Ryleigh's, Ethan is Darth Vader, Olivia has the Mickey Mouse on top, Spencer has the traditional one and then mine is the Jack on the right.

So, last year Spencer was the one crying and freaking out about touching the goo. This year he planned ahead and plugged his nose. Ethan on the other hand ALMOST had a melt down but thankfully was able to overcome.

Ryleigh is getting so big! Of course she was talking on the phone while carving. She is so cute.


Here are the kids pumpkins and mine (Dan waited until later to do his because he was busy helping the kids with theirs when the rest of us were doing it!)



These last 3 pictures Ethan took. I love to see the world through the lense of a 6 year old.







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are pro! I'm totally impressed!

Darcie said...

Your pumpkins look fabulous!!! It looks like you had such a great time! I really love Ethan's photos - I think you're right. It IS important and fun to see the world through 6 year old eyes! Love you all so much!

David Mishler Sr. said...

I cannot believe how big your kiddos are getting! I remember watching Ryleigh and my sister Madison. Now they have cell phones?!? When are you all coming to AZ again? I'd love to see you all again!

David Mishler Sr. said...

Oh, I guess I'm signed on with Ben's name, it's Heather

Duane and Jan Gibbons Family said...

So tell me you used stencils to do those pumpkins. They are awesome.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys are amazing-- mine and Maddox's are pretty pathetic next to yours! Awesome job!